Happiness in Family and Community-Collaborative Care and Support Approach in Promoting Family’s Mental Wellness in Tseung Kwan O
This project is sponsored by Community Investment & Inclusion Fund (CIIF) and started in April, 2021 for 3 years. The project adopts the “Community-Welfare-Medical-School” collaboration model to establish a collaboration platform and referral mechanism to support the families in needs and enhance their mental health.
- To promote and facilitate the mutual trust and support between parents, students and families who suffered from emotional/mental health problems. Through connecting different families, help to establish a mutual support network.
- To enhance the harmonious relationship between family members and improve family mental health.
- To set up the “Community-Welfare-Medical-School” collaboration platform and work together to promote the importance of family mental health and harmonious family.
- Volunteers visit Scheme (Case Referral from schools/ NGOs)
- Facilitating the parent-child communication and relationship through different parent-child activities
- Initial mental health assessment and advice from social worker
- Professional services referral (Psychiatrist/Clinical psychologist)
- “Happiness corner” Positive education Program
- Linking up the families who received volunteers visit service
- Building positive experience and thinking between family members
- Sharing positive experience in established mutual support network
- Parent-child Program in community
- Improving family relationship through different programs (e.g. arts facilitation, broad game, relaxation and mindful exercise) that facilitate the parent-child communication and understanding
- Linking up the families in the community and promoting the spirit of mutual help among families
- Community-based mental health mass program
- Organizing mental health activities/programs in the community (e.g. community booths or exhibitions)
- Initial mental health assessment and advice
- School-based mental health mass program
- Promoting mental health through mental health week or event with schools (e.g. booths, talks or exhibitions)
- Facilitating the expression of emotion and self-understanding through student workshops
- Enhancing parent-child communication and understanding through parent-child programs
- The “Happiness Volunteer Team”
- Inviting trained community members become our volunteers
- Assisting in promoting family mental health in schools and the community
- Visiting the families in need after matching and developing trustful relationship
- Families with children who are suffering from emotional/mental health problems
- Organizations, volunteers and professionals
- The public
District of Service:
Tseung Kwan O
Fee and Charges:
NGOs and schools are welcomed to refer eligible targets. Contact us for services directly or fill in respective application form in our website, and fax to us. Children and families in need can contact the project-in charge directly for service enquiry.
Monday to Friday: 9:00am-5:30pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed
Address: Rm201, Neighbourhood Community Centre, King Lam Estate, Tseung Kwan O, New Territories
Tel: 2706 5262
Fax: 2706 5776